Are you ready to think outside the box with Cope Environmental Center?
Save the Date for a CEC Dining Experience, online auction, virtual programming, and so much more the week of August 24, 2020!
COVID-19 has prevented us from gathering safely for our annual Gala, but you can still join CEC as we Think Outside the Box with our distanced fundraising dinner this year!
Call or email us today to save your spot for a delicious dinner-in-a-box from Radford’s Meat Market and Deli – delivered straight to your door! Each meal box is $100 with $60.00 of the cost being tax-deductible! Contact us by phone at (765) 855-3188 or email at email@example.com by Wedneday, August 19, 2020 to save your spot! 🚚🍢
Along with the meals, we are also partnering with Living Tributes Sale Barn to host an online auction of some great nature-themed items and experiences!
Auction Items and Experiences
- Recycled Plastic Birdbath donated by Penny Ausmus
- Help the environment and birds at the same time with this bird bath made from recycled bottle caps. Nearly indestructible, local high school students collect the bottle caps and recycle them with Green Tree Plastics for a variety of outdoor items. Minimum bid $50.
- Recycled Plastic Bench donated by Penny Ausmus
- Relax at the end of the day or entertain friends outside on this wonderful bench. This is the same style bench used throughout the Cope trails. Made by Green Tree Plastics from plastic bottle caps collected by local high school students, these benches are environmentally friendly and nearly indestructible. Minimum bid $250.
- Art by India Cruse-Griffin
- Birding Experience with Stephen Weddle
- Steven Weddle, experienced amateur photographer and frequent official CEC nature photographer is offering a special photography experience for any skill level. One or two lucky people can purchase around three hours with Steve improving their nature photography skills. Maybe you are just starting or maybe you have been taking pictures for a while and want to move to a new skill level. Steve will take you out on the trails at CEC and share his tips and tricks with you. This is professional level coaching seldom available in such a private setting. Min.
- Jewelry by Terri Logan
- Cope Environmental Center: After Dark!
- CEC trails close at dusk, but not for the winner of this experience. Join naturalist, Moon Shadow, on a night hike to challenge your senses as the CEC woods come alive after dark. Experience the sounds of nature, smell the crisp night air, and feel the calm of the woods after dark. The hike will conclude with a nightcap (family friendly), s’mores & ghost stories around the campfire. Good for up to 10 people in one group; date determined by winner and Moon Shadow.
- Cope Environmental Center: Rise and Shine Hike with Karin
- Wake up with nature as Executive Director, Karin Hostetter, shares her love of nature as you all explore the Cope trails. Watch the sun rise over the pond, listen to the choir of bird songs, and fill your lungs with fresh morning air. Tell Karin what your special interests are to design a 2-3 hour custom hike. Top off the morning with mimosas (alcohol free also available) and home-baked scones on the patio. Date and time for a group of up to five to be determined based on buyer’s interests.
- Photography session with Susanna Tanner
- When was the last time you were professionally photographed? My name is Susanna Tanner and I specialize in contemporary, magazine style portraiture. Join me for a transformative experience. Look and feel like a celebrity with a hair and make-up session by Whitney Russell from Just Love Studios prior to your photo shoot.
- This experience includes:
- A 3 hour session creating amazing images of you. Want to include someone else in the photos with you? Your mom, your daughter, a best friend? Let’s talk!
- A premium Italian Leather folio box that includes ten 8 x 10 matted and mounted prints from your session. These prints are ready to be professionally framed.
- Ten digital files of your selected prints. I invite you to my personal studio where we’ll design a photo session just for you. The biggest questions are how would you like to be photographed and when would you like to schedule it?! (Implementing COVID-19 safe space practices.) $1070.00 value. Minimum bid _____
- Framed photography by Diana Fahl
- Ceramic Bird Birdbath by Ben Clark Pottery
Interested in supporting CEC through our annual Need-Based auction? This year we have made it easier than ever to support – Your gift makes a huge impact on work at the Center each day, each week, and each year!
A $50.00 donation to the need-based fund at Cope Environmental Center could provide…
- one outreach program provided offsite in the community.
- a preschool program or Toddler Time for one classroom.
- summer camp snacks for one session of Summer Adventure Camp.
- one tank of gas for the mower to keep trails clear and prairies managed.
- enough birdseed for a month of filling the birdfeeders at the Bird Viewing Area!
A $100.00 donation to the need-based fund at Cope Environmental Center could provide…
- one school field trip to CEC for one classroom of students.
- one year of virus protection for one staff computer.
- one year of cloud storage for digital resources.
- one box of 100% recycled printer paper.
- one year of water quality monitoring tests.
A $250.00 donation to the need-based fund at Cope Environmental Center could provide…
- one month of Senior Outreach programs at local senior living facilities.
- one month of utilities for the buildings at CEC.
- one season of garden materials and maintenance for the Cope garden.
- one season of beautification and new plantings around the property.
- one year of rental support for community events.
A $500.00 donation to the need-based fund at Cope Environmental Center could provide…
- the creation of a new pollinator habitat.
- two weeks of habitat restoration.
- one load of gravel to maintain the trails.
- one season of sustainable building maintenance.
- six months of volunteer supplies.
A $1,000.00 donation to the need-based fund at Cope Environmental Center could provide…
- one year of Living Building Challenge upkeep.
- one month of insurance coverage.
- one updated piece of computer equipment for staff.
- one year of the Sustainable & Attainable adult lecture series.