Opening for Rental Specialist at CEC!
As COVID-19 continues, we are slowly opening back up to rentals at Cope Environmental Center. To assist with these rentals, we are looking for a Rental Specialist that can support our staff with supervising evening and weekend rentals.
Cope Environmental Center offers its facilities for rentals for groups of up to 200 individuals. The Rental Specialist will serve as the day-of rental contact for clients. This individual will work to ensure clients have a successful rental event while maintaining the environmental practices of Cope Environmental Center.
- Represent Cope Environmental Center to the public and speak on behalf of its mission
- Walk-through with the client to determine needs, expectations, timing, etc.
- Set up necessary components before event
- Answer questions and assist with client needs during the event
- Manage clean-up after event and conduct final walk-through with customer.
- Manage heating/lighting system; obtain general knowledge of building special features
- Set up and take down shade sails
- Maintain cleanliness and supplies in bathrooms
- Set up tables and chairs, as needed
- Educate and supervise sorting of trash (compost, recycle, trash)
- Enforce environmental sustainability practices of building such as no smoking, take landfill trash home, no use of service ware which is not reusable, recyclable, or compostable.
- Co-ordinate with caterer as necessary
- Set up and supervise parking (acquire volunteers as needed)
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Over 21 years of age (many events serve alcohol)
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Able to stand and walk on hard surface for long periods of time with minimal breaks
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Creative problem solving skills under pressure
Work Environment: Work is part time and primarily on weekends from 9:00 AM – midnight per day, 1-3 days per weekend, 1-4 weekends per month. Exact hours vary with each event. Pay is $12.00/hour.
To Apply: Submit resume, cover letter and three references to
Cope Environmental Center, 1730 Airport Rd., Centerville, IN 47330
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.